Go Back   www.ProModifieds.us > General Forums > Andy McCoy Race Cars Pro Modified Forum
Home FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Andy McCoy Race Cars Pro Modified Forum

Old 07-16-2013, 02:54 AM
David Hance Offline

Should pro door car teams continue to support xdrl ? Should xdrl pull the plug ?

It is with great reservation I must ask at what point should race teams pull the plug on the XDRL ????

Before we answer this question I would like to disclose the following info.

A) I myself have only attended 1 XDRL Race

B) I have attended 1 ADRL Race

C) I have to the best of my ability promoted both ADRL & XDRL events.

D) In April of 2013 on this very same forum I suggested among other things that XDRL CONSIDER adding Outlaw 10.5 and a Radial Tire class & drop classes that overlap ADRL.

E) I David Hance have assisted, worked with and promoted both Pro Drag Radial class and Outlaw 10.5 class shoot out race in the ADRL. I Love these classes and volunteered my time. I have not received 1 penny for my efforts and love to help & assist.

F) LASTLY please know I have no ill will toward any XDRL Employees, race teams or supporters....I do have a problem with XDRL leadership.

Should race teams continue to support the XDRL SERIES when:

A) race teams have not been paid for multiple races ....why ??? Mr Keith Goolsby told me to my face at PRI show that XDRL had enough money in the bank to run series for entire year. He also told me racers would receive their checks at each event and that is also the written policy on the XDRL website. Based on non payment of prize money I must assume the XDRL has no reserves on hand ....

B) many racers and others have not been able to contact XDRL leadership...ignoring racers who support your series is awful.... Customer service gets an F.

C) XDRL released a press release today stating new bottled water company has come aboard as a sponsor....this press release was just another sign of trouble in that not one person listed their name in the press release !!! The "executive" team at the water company made a quote, no name. No person from the XDRL listed their name in the press release saying they were happy to have new sponsor ??? Was this done on purpose so that no one can be held accountable if this turns out to be deception by XDRL leadership ?? I'm told Jeff Mitchell is Tied into this new Bottled water company and this whole deal may be deception...look into this yourself and see what you find. To intentionally mislead the racing community with tainted/deceptive new sponsor stories is a slap in the face...somebody is pulling a fast one ....somebody defend our race teams and look into this !

D) LEADERSHIP ??? Does anybody know who is "in charge" at the XDRL ??? Is it Keith Goolsby ? Is it Jeff Mitchell ??? By all accounts I'm told Jeff Mitchell is currently in charge. Jeff if this the case why haven't you paid your racers their hard earned prize money ??? I'm told Jeff is a man with resources....if this is the case and he isn't paying money due then one must ask should such a person be supported ??? 2 years ago we did a race a Palm Beach, Florida. It rained most of the weekend. I lost almost $100k and had to run home and beg for cash to cover checks we had written...it was the right thing to do.

E) PROMOTIONS: I give the XDRL a failing grade in this area as I have not seen any evidence of XDRL race teams being promoted nor have I seen XDRL race events being promoted in an "effective manner". Have you ? The spectator count at an XDRL race is has been dismal. The XDRL has failed to bring in spectators and that is a failure in marketing, promotions and overall business plan.

F) TV PACKAGE: there was lots of talk about a professional TV package to cover the XDRL ....any body know what happened ???

In closing we have an association, the XDRL who

A) does not pay
B) does not promote
C) dismal car counts (bad biz plan)
D) does not return messages or communicate with race teams
E) has run out of $$ and has ownership not willing to cover shortages
F) leadership is unknown ? Who is in charge ??
G) has failed to bring in spectators
H) phantom TV package
I) 2 principal investors / owners have bailed out after. Just 3 months
J) XDRL has released press releases which are an insult to entire racing community by not attaching names to quotes. This blue bottled water deal needs to be investigated as rumor has it they already do business with Mr Mitchell ( does he truck this product ???) which leads me to believe this is not a new sponsor but a fill in scam to throw us all off the track but giving us false hope under the disguise of "new sponsorship".
K) XDRL has IGNORED all requests to list payout policy...plain disrespect there....

It is my opinion that the XDRL should disband and close up shop. I firmly believe the lies, the deceit, the hiding out of upper management & the failure of XDRL to pay basic obligations in a timely fashion should result in a vote of no confidence. The XDRL based on their RECORD over just THREE (3) months is dismal and NOT WORTHY OF CONTINUED SUPPORT FROM OUR PRO DOOR CAR TEAMS.

Further....I urge everyone in Drag Racing Media to take a long hard look at the allegations here, do some research and dam well report findings in an effort to PROTECT our sport.

In closing I understand many will not take heed to these warnings & suggestions. There are also many teams who just don't need the money and the overdue payments might not matter to you...I then appeal to you on principal and ask that you don't allow this to continue. I'm quite sure many will take offense to what is written here and it really saddens me to know I may lose friends over this....however I've struggled with this and could not remain silent any longer. Please know I posted my feelings here in the hopes of bringing better days to Pro Door Car Racing. It is 2am NY time & I gotta be on 7am train... Talk more tomorrow

www.NEWYORKMOTORSPORTS.COM
Old 07-16-2013, 09:45 PM
Turbo Racer Offline

Re: Should pro door car teams continue to support xdrl ? Should xdrl pull the plug ?

Word is u got paid not to support the XDRL Pro Turbo class, and then u work with ADRL on there small tire classes.

And what makes u the authority on what an organization should do? I think it is irresponsible for u to make such posts and to make the statement that is is NOT WORTHY OF CONTINUED SUPPORT FROM OUR PRO DOOR CAR TEAMS - How bout u let the teams that ACTUALLY support the organization decide that?

And by default u imply that the ADRL is an upstanding organization? Are u naive or blind?
Old 07-16-2013, 09:48 PM
CStep Offline

Re: Should pro door car teams continue to support xdrl ? Should xdrl pull the plug ?

I think its obvious to everyone the xdrl is in trouble. Kn/kh's lapdogs have been making the rounds on the popular forums making sure everyone knows it as well. In the end its the racer who will decide to support either series for whatever reason they want.
Old 07-16-2013, 10:29 PM
watchin Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Racer View Post
Word is u got paid not to support the XDRL Pro Turbo class, and then u work with ADRL on there small tire classes.

And what makes u the authority on what an organization should do? I think it is irresponsible for u to make such posts and to make the statement that is is NOT WORTHY OF CONTINUED SUPPORT FROM OUR PRO DOOR CAR TEAMS - How bout u let the teams that ACTUALLY support the organization decide that?

And by default u imply that the ADRL is an upstanding organization? Are u naive or blind?
Hey at least he said what he said by using his real name. So who gives you the authority to question his authority. Oh yeah and hit the newbie thread. Sorry wrong website
Old 07-16-2013, 10:47 PM
Brian C Offline
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchin View Post
Hey at least he said what he said by using his real name. So who gives you the authority to question his authority. Oh yeah and hit the newbie thread. Sorry wrong website
Using your real name doesn't make you right...

So your birth name is "watchin"? And oh yeah, I GAVE him the authority...
Old 07-16-2013, 10:59 PM
Brian C Offline
Administrator

It's up to the racers.... If they are not getting paid, that will put an end to it soon enough. And please, enough with the merger nonsense...

I understand Chris Bell is gone, changes will be coming for sure.
Old 07-17-2013, 12:37 AM
auteejay Offline

I deleted my replies. Figured I wouldn't get anything stirred up this week lol
Old 07-17-2013, 04:14 PM
~~~IKE~~~ Offline

Going to be intresting who shows up at MIR??
Old 07-17-2013, 05:20 PM
Brian C Offline
Administrator

I was asked to post that the XDRL event at MIR next week is ON as scheduled.

I understand some racers and sponsors that support the XDRL have been getting calls in regards to the post above and that is unfortunate.

Anyway, MIR is a go.
Old 07-17-2013, 05:23 PM
David Hance Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Racer View Post

Turbo Racer I will answer all your questions. I respectfully ask you to post back on here telling your name and what you race. You are judging me and I should be given the same opportunity to look at your record.

A) you accuse me of getting paid "NOT" to support XDRL. That is a serious accusation that I deny 100%. I maxed out my credit card buying fuel to get to XDRL Tulsa. So far this year I attended 1 XDRL race and only 1 adrl race. I have also supported NMCA, northeast pro mod series and Cecil county 10.5 program. We currently are broke and have no money to race. I hope by September to have all the stuff we need to go back out. At the adrl race I did attend I paid all my fees and entries. I will say in public I have NOT received any money from anybody to attend any race. For you to accuse me of this without prove is wrong. If you want to say I'm wrong to post, if you want to say I'm ugly then that is quite ok as that is your opinion which can't be argued. However to say I have a paid arrangement or that I'm being bribed without show the members here some sort of proof is reckless and without regard for me. You may not like me and you may not agree with me but that doesn't mean you should spread false or unproven stories. In anything I wrote did you or anybody discover any lies, exergerations, misleading or deceptive comments anywhere ??? Do I post up any rumors or hearsay ??? If show please show me where...

B) what makes me an authority you say ?? The to your question is I'm not an Authority nor do I have to be. We have a new XDRL group who stated they had a years worth of money which calculates to be over $1 million bucks. Despite stating they had the cash there were payout issues at the 1st race and now we have reached the point where racers have not been paid for 3 out of 4 races over a 3 month period. The XDRL in a press release acknowledged they were paying slow and implied money was coming in thru new investment. I ask all of you what in the hell happened to all the money at the beginning ?? They ran out of money after one race and as I understand 2 of the 3 partners quite when asked to come up with more money to cover overdue payouts. My fellow racers is it ok and are we just going to accept people releasing press releases saying they got big money in house only to find it was not true. ?? Now during a phone call with mr Jeff Mitchell I directly asked him why he has has not paid and I asked him if be has the money ?? He respectfully declined to answer saying he had no obligation to answer such questions. I also asked WHEN he intends to pay old money and when race teams who will race at MIR next week can expect to be paid ??? He WOULD not answer. Folks do you think it is fair for a race team to KNOW when they can expect to be paid ?? Is it unreasonable to ask when payment will come ??

C) you say my actions are "Irresponsible" .... What do you say about a racing organization that says they have $$ but then does NOT PAY nor will they say WHEN they will pay ?? Folks is there not something wrong with this picture. ?

D) ok you and others have implied that I'm siding with the ADRL ....I ask turbo and anyone else what have I said or done that is wrong ? I ask YOU ALL just HOW FAR should we allow XDRL to go ?? Somebody tell me WHERE we should draw the LINE ??? 4 races ? 5 races ? The XDRL has been given an extended credit line on the backs of hard working racers who should not have to play the money float game. If mr Mitchell is a millionaire as widely reported why shouldn't be pay ?? I'm told that mr Mitchell has invested his own money and will not invest anymore ....as I stated before I tried to get the answers straight from the horses mouth but was. It sucessful. I say to Turbo and all of you ....anybody putting on a drag race better be able cover payouts PERSONALLY if necessary !! I lost almost $100k 2 years ago and had to take a personal loan from a fAmily friend to cover. These dAys many people want to be big shot promoters or big shot president of a new drag racing league but will they cover their commitments ??

As for the ADRL Im told all racers have been paid and are current up til Martin which has not reached the 30 day period payout period. Turbo where were you when myself, Monty , Ronnie davis and others broke the adrls balls to pay up at races ??

Lastly it is common knowledge that XDRL is not making money but losing money. Our racing world has 2 identical series where there is not enough cars to fully stock both. In light of this and the fact that XDRL is not even breaking even I asked mr Mitchell to consider shutting down XDRL so that be can stop losing money and so we could have everybody racing at same time. I will not disclose my private conversations with mr Mitchell but do know I was not sucessful. Mr Mitchell did say he would be open to talking to adrl anytime.

I hope I answered your questions. I hope when you all consider the false story about having money in bank, when you consider racers are 3 races behind and finally you must ask yourself why XDRL won't say when they will pay money or even new money. I'm told today their may be a scramble to get out bucks to some of the racers to "quiet the noise" down but will that really solve the problem ???

Old 07-17-2013, 05:32 PM
David Hance Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian C View Post
I was asked to post that the XDRL event at MIR next week is ON as scheduled.

I understand some racers and sponsors that support the XDRL have been getting calls in regards to the post above and that is unfortunate.

Anyway, MIR is a go.
Brian the XDRL announced they had a seasons worth of funding. ? This turned out NOT to be true....As a leader in our pro door car field what so you say about this ???

Brian you say it It is "unfortunate" that sponsors are being called....Brian don't you believe it is "UNFORTUNATE" that racers have NOT been paid for almost 90 days ? Brian why haven't you questioned or commented on any of these points ???

Brian how do you feel about XDRL NOT telling anybody WHEN they intend to pay back due $$ and why don't we know "WHEN" racers attending MIR will be paid ?? Why is the XDRL getting away with this when NOBODY else in the WORLD does this ??

Old 07-17-2013, 05:57 PM
joey martin Offline

Wink Re: Should pro door car teams continue to support xdrl ? Should xdrl pull the plug ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Hance View Post
Turbo Racer I will answer all your questions. I respectfully ask you to post back on here telling your name and what you race. You are judging me and I should be given the same opportunity to look at your record.

A) you accuse me of getting paid "NOT" to support XDRL. That is a serious accusation that I deny 100%. I maxed out my credit card buying fuel to get to XDRL Tulsa. So far this year I attended 1 XDRL race and only 1 adrl race. I have also supported NMCA, northeast pro mod series and Cecil county 10.5 program. We currently are broke and have no money to race. I hope by September to have all the stuff we need to go back out. At the adrl race I did attend I paid all my fees and entries. I will say in public I have NOT received any money from anybody to attend any race. For you to accuse me of this without prove is wrong. If you want to say I'm wrong to post, if you want to say I'm ugly then that is quite ok as that is your opinion which can't be argued. However to say I have a paid arrangement or that I'm being bribed without show the members here some sort of proof is reckless and without regard for me. You may not like me and you may not agree with me but that doesn't mean you should spread false or unproven stories. In anything I wrote did you or anybody discover any lies, exergerations, misleading or deceptive comments anywhere ??? Do I post up any rumors or hearsay ??? If show please show me where...

B) what makes me an authority you say ?? The to your question is I'm not an Authority nor do I have to be. We have a new XDRL group who stated they had a years worth of money which calculates to be over $1 million bucks. Despite stating they had the cash there were payout issues at the 1st race and now we have reached the point where racers have not been paid for 3 out of 4 races over a 3 month period. The XDRL in a press release acknowledged they were paying slow and implied money was coming in thru new investment. I ask all of you what in the hell happened to all the money at the beginning ?? They ran out of money after one race and as I understand 2 of the 3 partners quite when asked to come up with more money to cover overdue payouts. My fellow racers is it ok and are we just going to accept people releasing press releases saying they got big money in house only to find it was not true. ?? Now during a phone call with mr Jeff Mitchell I directly asked him why he has has not paid and I asked him if be has the money ?? He respectfully declined to answer saying he had no obligation to answer such questions. I also asked WHEN he intends to pay old money and when race teams who will race at MIR next week can expect to be paid ??? He WOULD not answer. Folks do you think it is fair for a race team to KNOW when they can expect to be paid ?? Is it unreasonable to ask when payment will come ??

C) you say my actions are "Irresponsible" .... What do you say about a racing organization that says they have $$ but then does NOT PAY nor will they say WHEN they will pay ?? Folks is there not something wrong with this picture. ?

D) ok you and others have implied that I'm siding with the ADRL ....I ask turbo and anyone else what have I said or done that is wrong ? I ask YOU ALL just HOW FAR should we allow XDRL to go ?? Somebody tell me WHERE we should draw the LINE ??? 4 races ? 5 races ? The XDRL has been given an extended credit line on the backs of hard working racers who should not have to play the money float game. If mr Mitchell is a millionaire as widely reported why shouldn't be pay ?? I'm told that mr Mitchell has invested his own money and will not invest anymore ....as I stated before I tried to get the answers straight from the horses mouth but was. It sucessful. I say to Turbo and all of you ....anybody putting on a drag race better be able cover payouts PERSONALLY if necessary !! I lost almost $100k 2 years ago and had to take a personal loan from a fAmily friend to cover. These dAys many people want to be big shot promoters or big shot president of a new drag racing league but will they cover their commitments ??

As for the ADRL Im told all racers have been paid and are current up til Martin which has not reached the 30 day period payout period. Turbo where were you when myself, Monty , Ronnie davis and others broke the adrls balls to pay up at races ??

Lastly it is common knowledge that XDRL is not making money but losing money. Our racing world has 2 identical series where there is not enough cars to fully stock both. In light of this and the fact that XDRL is not even breaking even I asked mr Mitchell to consider shutting down XDRL so that be can stop losing money and so we could have everybody racing at same time. I will not disclose my private conversations with mr Mitchell but do know I was not sucessful. Mr Mitchell did say he would be open to talking to adrl anytime.

I hope I answered your questions. I hope when you all consider the false story about having money in bank, when you consider racers are 3 races behind and finally you must ask yourself why XDRL won't say when they will pay money or even new money. I'm told today their may be a scramble to get out bucks to some of the racers to "quiet the noise" down but will that really solve the problem ???
Dave after living with you for 6 weeks in qatar i learned that you are very passionate about our sport and you strive to better it and that your typing skills are superb (LOL). racing is just not what it use to be but neither is most other things in this country. at least you are speaking out and trying to make a difference. we need you in washington....... HANCE FOR PRESIDENT

a man is measured by what he has done not but what he says he can do
Old 07-17-2013, 09:00 PM
Brian C Offline
Administrator

Quote:
Brian the XDRL announced they had a seasons worth of funding. ? This turned out NOT to be true....As a leader in our pro door car field what so you say about this ???
David - That is a shame and as I said before, if racers aren't getting paid, they should not return...

Quote:
Brian you say it It is "unfortunate" that sponsors are being called....Brian don't you believe it is "UNFORTUNATE" that racers have NOT been paid for almost 90 days ? Brian why haven't you questioned or commented on any of these points ???
David - AGAIN, it is surely unfortunate if racers aren't getting paid, and AGAIN, they should not return. I don't know the facts, am not involved, therefore I do not make speculative, damning remarks on any situation of which I am not involved...

Quote:
Brian how do you feel about XDRL NOT telling anybody WHEN they intend to pay back due $$ and why don't we know "WHEN" racers attending MIR will be paid ?? Why is the XDRL getting away with this when NOBODY else in the WORLD does this ??
David - AGAIN, If the XDRL is getting away with this, then part of that blame is on the racers for returning, and YES XDRL is in the wrong.

David - I assist in promotion of small promod events all over the southeast, I help sponsor, assist in purses, etc.. I have supreme confidence that NO person, site or organization has done more for small time racers in this area than I have... Therefore I know the rules. If you do not have the purse, IN CASH, before you open the gates, Well you better not open the gates...

That said, I don't consider myself an ambassador of the class as you appear. I walk the line and try to help all sides. I'd never make the statements you have made.

David - You are a smart guy, you have to understand that when you have an affiliation with the ADRL, your statements are going to be received as biased. Your post was damaging and not constructive.

You have to understand the impact of what you say, positive or negative. If a perceived competitor of whatever business you are in came to you, told you that you suck and should cease operations, you would be receptive to that???

I believe you have good intentions, but you approach was not justified...

Lets look at this example....

Quote:
C) XDRL released a press release today stating new bottled water company has come aboard as a sponsor....this press release was just another sign of trouble in that not one person listed their name in the press release !!! The "executive" team at the water company made a quote, no name. No person from the XDRL listed their name in the press release saying they were happy to have new sponsor ??? Was this done on purpose so that no one can be held accountable if this turns out to be deception by XDRL leadership ?? I'm told Jeff Mitchell is Tied into this new Bottled water company and this whole deal may be deception...look into this yourself and see what you find. To intentionally mislead the racing community with tainted/deceptive new sponsor stories is a slap in the face...somebody is pulling a fast one ....somebody defend our race teams and look into this !
You make the statements, "deception", "mislead", "tainted/deceptive", "slap in the face", "somebody is pulling a fast one"... AND then ask others to look into this?? Did you take the time to "look into this" before making those remarks? (before you ask, NO I have not)

Here is the bottom line..... I don't know a single person that believed that two separate but similar organizations would survive... And to a man, just by reputation alone, most figured the ADRL would wind up the lone survivor. And I still believe that... However I don't take it upon myself to condemn any organization for whatever shortcomings they have, that is for the RACERS to decide...

That is my approach... Yours is obviously different and I respect that, just don't expect everyone to agree with you...
Old 07-17-2013, 09:23 PM
Brian C Offline
Administrator

Let me add this because I know you are not aware of the history....

1) I am a former ADRL employee... At my very first race, I got told I would not get paid after the race and a check would be mailed in a few weeks... After I explained I would not return, direct deposit was arranged, and every subsequent event was paid the following Monday... Yes I've been around the block as they say....

2) I'm the only guy still supporting what made the ADRL famous... BIG MONEY Bil Clanton, Johnny Pilcher, Mike and Michael Neal, Keith Baker, Jamie Hancock... The Southern Outlaws that Dragstock was founded on and the ADRL passed by... I'm still covering the weekend warriors that are doing what they love...
Old 07-17-2013, 09:30 PM
Gino Fagnilli Offline

Quote:
Here is the bottom line..... I don't know a single person that believed that two separate but similar organizations would survive... And to a man, just by reputation alone, most figured the ADRL would wind up the lone survivor. And I still believe that... However I don't take it upon myself to condemn any organization for whatever shortcomings they have, that is for the RACERS to decide...

That is my approach... Yours is obviously different and I respect that, just don't expect everyone to agree with you...
Please refrain from using logic and reason in this thread, it's far less entertaining when you do that.
Old 07-17-2013, 09:38 PM
Brian C Offline
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gino Fagnilli View Post
Please refrain from using logic and reason in this thread, it's far less entertaining when you do that.
Ha my apologies, I will try to do better... err.... worse... err... lol
Old 07-17-2013, 09:52 PM
Micah Colley Offline

Quote:

2) I'm the only guy still supporting what made the ADRL famous... BIG MONEY Bil Clanton, Johnny Pilcher, Mike and Michael Neal, Keith Baker, Jamie Hancock... The Southern Outlaws that Dragstock was founded on and the ADRL passed by... I'm still covering the weekend warriors that are doing what they love...
That's why you're the man!
Old 07-17-2013, 10:25 PM
Bernie Connors Offline

As Brian said, what we're seeing happen is what most expected. There aren't enough racers to satisfy two identical race series. I'm not really surprised by any of this.

Natural selection will play out and it appears that the ADRL will win.

Isn't a clear-cut winner what we wanted all along? We want to see the best race the best and we're not going to see that when racers are divided between along party lines.

I want to see Bob Rahaim, Jim Laurita, Pat Stoken, Stevie Jackson, and Mike Castellana race each other and with one series, that's what we'll see. Give me a Switzer Dynamics vs Speedtech race - I'll take that any day. Thankfully, it looks like that's what's happening with the turnout at the Martin ADRL race.

The XDRL was an experiment and it looks like it's one that didn't work out over time. Better in theory than in practice.

Let's get this all worked out and plan on having a better 2014 season because 2013 has been a crazy one.
Old 07-17-2013, 11:28 PM
Jwalker Offline

Brian (HERO) Cupp ! LAYING THE SMACKDOWN !!!
Old 07-18-2013, 12:47 AM
The LP Offline

I'll start off by stating my name, So I cant be called out upon not saying who I am. My name is Logan Paul; 16 Year's of age, Also known as The LP... and a few others!
Okay this could be a option for the Bigger Organization's, Also regarding a different post on yellowbullet. At the EOPM races you have your check in hand after the event, This could benefit both DRL's by not having to deal with the trying to read the so called Chicken Scratch and by proving to racers that they will get paid by giving it to them in person! Most classes will come and go some will maintain some will weaken But you cant support just one organization or any type of Drag Racing for the future of my generation and to keep all the classes striving to the most successful level. If a Class is struggling, While still putting an effort up to make events happen we should support. I am more of a fan for racing on Friday & Saturday's because Sunday should be meant for Family, and the Great Savior. With Kenny switching to Friday & Saturday I think he might get a few more racers to come aboard. XDRL is struggling to get its legs but making an effort while NOT getting paid is a MAJOR deal it still has continue support of teams who think it'll come around... Ahhh have to love Brian Cupp

Just my 2 Cents, I am NOT sticking up for or defending any of the classes!
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-LP/270918156369441

Interested in a website? Or maybe yours is out of date? Look no further, Check out http://www.bhprodesigns.com/index.html
Old 07-18-2013, 01:32 AM
David Hance Offline

Quote:
David - That is a shame and as I said before, if racers aren't getting paid, they should not return...

David - AGAIN, it is surely unfortunate if racers aren't getting paid, and AGAIN, they should not return. I don't know the facts, am not involved, therefore I do not make speculative, damning remarks on any situation of which I am not involved...

David - AGAIN, If the XDRL is getting away with this, then part of that blame is on the racers for returning, and YES XDRL is in the wrong.

David - I assist in promotion of small promod events all over the southeast, I help sponsor, assist in purses, etc.. I have supreme confidence that NO person, site or organization has done more for small time racers in this area than I have... Therefore I know the rules. If you do not have the purse, IN CASH, before you open the gates, Well you better not open the gates...

That said, I don't consider myself an ambassador of the class as you appear. I walk the line and try to help all sides. I'd never make the statements you have made.

David - You are a smart guy, you have to understand that when you have an affiliation with the ADRL, your statements are going to be received as biased. Your post was damaging and not constructive.

You have to understand the impact of what you say, positive or negative. If a perceived competitor of whatever business you are in came to you, told you that you suck and should cease operations, you would be receptive to that???

I believe you have good intentions, but you approach was not justified...

Lets look at this example....

You make the statements, "deception", "mislead", "tainted/deceptive", "slap in the face", "somebody is pulling a fast one"... AND then ask others to look into this?? Did you take the time to "look into this" before making those remarks? (before you ask, NO I have not)

Brian,

Perhaps in the future I will try your approach and look the other way. If racers get screwed I guess it will be their own fault. I think many people are going to be left without a chair when the XDRL music stops. I do hope I'm wrong on this.

Old 07-18-2013, 01:32 AM
Jon Jones Offline

Quote:

I believe you have good intentions, but you approach was not justified ......

........That is my approach... Yours is obviously different and I respect that, just don't expect everyone to agree with you...

It's easy to start rumor's or do damage with accusations ( true or untrue ) . Brian makes his points , stands his ground , fair , factual , and lets people find their own answer with the facts . It is something that I'm gaining knowledge from by his example, and also trying to apply to voice my concerns and opinions in a public forum . We can accomplish much more just by choosing our words more carefully.
Be Safe and Go Fast !!
Old 07-18-2013, 06:31 AM
David Hance Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Jones View Post

It's easy to start rumor's or do damage with accusations ( true or untrue ) . Brian makes his points , stands his ground , fair , factual , and lets people find their own answer with the facts . It is something that I'm gaining knowledge from by his example, and also trying to apply to voice my concerns and opinions in a public forum . We can accomplish much more just by choosing our words more carefully.
Be Safe and Go Fast !!
Just for the record I challenge anyone to say anything in my posting is false or misleading. After a month of getting ignored by XDRL and no basic info we realized there was a serious problem. Racers are aware of the situation now and will make their own decisions.

Old 07-18-2013, 07:28 AM
Brian C Offline
Administrator

Quote:
Brian,

Perhaps in the future I will try your approach and look the other way. If racers get screwed I guess it will be their own fault. I think many people are going to be left without a chair when the XDRL music stops. I do hope I'm wrong on this.
David - I did not say look the other way. The lack of payment is public and acknowledged, and I believe if not rectified quickly will be the downfall of the organization. Every racer shoudl be aware of that. However, anything beyond that I would be speculating, and that I will not do without facts.

I put lots of work in behind the scenes trying to get local tracks to work together, change payouts, change formats, all for the betterment of the product. I do not just "look the other way".

Again, you are entitled to your opinion just as everyone else is, but we don't all have to agree.
Old 07-18-2013, 07:49 AM
Brian C Offline
Administrator

Quote:
Just for the record I challenge anyone to say anything in my posting is false or misleading. After a month of getting ignored by XDRL and no basic info we realized there was a serious problem. Racers are aware of the situation now and will make their own decisions.
I will ask again, did you do any research on the BLUE04 deal before commenting? You made the following statements:

Quote:
Quote:
J) XDRL has released press releases which are an insult to entire racing community by not attaching names to quotes. This blue bottled water deal needs to be investigated as rumor has it they already do business with Mr Mitchell ( does he truck this product ???) which leads me to believe this is not a new sponsor but a fill in scam to throw us all off the track but giving us false hope under the disguise of "new sponsorship".
PRESS RELEASE <--- Please refer to the 3rd paragraph where a statement is made by Jeff Mitchell, president and owner of the XDRL.

I have never heard of the product and have no idea if Jeff Mitchell is a distributor. And that is my point. I would not make comments that some would consider slanderous without KNOWING the story.

So did you do the research and know that this is a "scam"? If the answer is yes, then post such information. If the answer is no, then your comments could be considered "misleading".
Old 07-18-2013, 08:04 AM
Tommy2Tone Offline

I remember a time not to long ago when I worked for my father-in-law, in a business that was :"technically" owned by my wife at that time. One Friday he came to me and said he did not have enough money to pay all of the employees that week and I would not be getting paid. I told him that was okay and that I would not be back next week to work. That was the end of that job.
If you are ignorant enough to keep doing the same thing over and over, expecting different results each time, then the problem may be between your own ears.
Ya"ll have a nice day.
Old 07-18-2013, 10:09 AM
Gino Fagnilli Offline

Quote:
So did you do the research and know that this is a "scam"? If the answer is yes, then post such information. If the answer is no, then your comments could be considered "misleading".
Again, with the logic and reason. Knock it off already.
Old 07-18-2013, 11:48 AM
SHRA_1 Offline

Dave
First off I am sorry to find out that you lost that much money at your W.P.B. race .I think that if it did not rain you would of been fine.The event was great you did a good job.I believe you to be a stand up guy
I truly hope that in fact this is the way that you really feel and has nothing to do with your association with the ADRL . I understand that you are on a some kind of board with them.
As far as the X-DRL goes I don't think you are being to open minded with them.Yes they are going Thu some growing pains and running a lean ship. Keith has had some Major personal issues with his house fire and rebuilding his life/world that can on it's own take up most of his time and mental faculties just to cope with what is at hand with a major whole life rebuild. I speak with Keith, Jeff, and the promotion staff at the X-DRL all the time if my phone call is not answered I get a call back.Did you speak with Keith ? If you would like he will be on the SHRA radio next week to address all of the racers concerns and answer questions. When I spoke with him today (Tuesday) he told me that he had spoke with about 1/2 of the X-DRL supporter's (racers,tracks and sponsors ) and plans to contact the rest and they are all behind him and telling him to keep fighting to grow the X-DRL into what they know it can be
As far as the racers being paid .Yes they all need to be paid and from what I understand both the X-DRL and the ADRL are slow at paying the racers .I do not have any insider information on the financial strength of the X-DRL.
I think that support and positive input is what is needed and all the problems will go away
Now for my view on the whole X-DRL ADRL series.
What IF we had an ADRL race then an X-DRL ADRL X-DRL,ADRL X-DRL LIKE 6 races each and one final race ADRL-VS-X-DRL I think that would be cool and that both the X-DRL and the ADRL would come out of the race season a lot stronger with a whole lot more support from the racers.sponsers and fans. What do you think ??
Thanks
Steve SHRA RADIO
Old 07-18-2013, 12:21 PM
Hemiperson Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHRA_1 View Post
What IF we had an ADRL race then an X-DRL ADRL X-DRL,ADRL X-DRL LIKE 6 races each and one final race ADRL-VS-X-DRL I think that would be cool and that both the X-DRL and the ADRL would come out of the race season a lot stronger with a whole lot more support from the racers.sponsers and fans. What do you think ??
Thanks
Steve SHRA RADIO
Why would or should the ADRL do that? They are not the ones 2-3 races behind paying their racers. When you propose these two associations be put on equal footing, you are being delusional - and certainly not worrying about taking care of the racers.
Old 07-18-2013, 12:41 PM
Brian C Offline
Administrator

The ADRL doesn't need the XDRL... The egos involved are HUGE... So the options for XDRL are limited to Success or Failure... Its that simple.
Old 07-18-2013, 01:31 PM
jpkerley Offline

It really seems to me that the issue will resolve itself.
Old 07-18-2013, 03:14 PM
SHRA_1 Offline

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This press release issued today by the X-DRL:

Blue04 to Have Positive Impact on X-DRL Operations

While many creeks have risen with the mayhem of recent summer showers, the X-DRL’s upcoming “Mayhem at the Creek” promises everyone at the renowned Maryland International Raceway will rise from their seats when the world’s fastest door-slammers take to the track starting at high-noon next Friday.

The X-DRL comes in with renewed energy, thanks to a new relationship with Blue04, the premier oxygen enhanced electrolyte water beverage and X-DRL’s new Title Sponsor. “Along with the addition of a substantial title rights program, Blue04 has given the X-DRL the opportunity to establish a distribution network selling Blue04 to raise additional capital to support the league,” stated X-DRL President Jeff Mitchell.

“We’ve already sold over a dozen truckloads of this premium beverage and all of the revenue generated is going directly to the X-DRL. We hope to have Blue04 at every race track and race-fan owned business who uses water in the future. This is an incredible opportunity for the racing community to embrace a new business model that goes beyond traditional sponsorship in their financial support.”

Beginning at the Mayhem at the Creek, fans will start to see the influence of this partnership including cases of water available in the registration trailer for race teams to purchase.

As with a majority of first year startup businesses, the X-DRL has been challenged by many factors to perform at the level of its initial business plan. Mitchell continued, “X-DRL’s core management is committed to provide a premium experience for both racers and fans of the sanction, and while change is inevitable, we will embrace those changes and do what it takes to overcome the short-term adversity that has confronted this organization.”

One such change is the decision of Chris Bell to step-down as the X-DRL Operations Manager. Chris’ has been instrumental in guiding the X-DRL thru the establishment of the sanction and his efforts are very much appreciated. Numerous resources are being engaged to fulfill his position. The level of experience and professionalism Royce Miller and the staff at MIR bring to the table will assist in a smooth transition in relation to the upcoming event. Chris’s departure was amicable and he continues to remain in open communication with key personnel at the X-DRL.

Related to “Operations” is an additional change that is of the utmost importance to the participants of any professional competition where performance is rewarded financially. As a result of support from Blue04, starting with the event at M.I.R., all teams will be issued their payout at the conclusion of the event. Any, and all remaining outstanding performance awards will be paid in full no later than August 15th 2013.

“Moving forward, we believe a stated pay-out policy will help alleviate frustrations and we are thrilled to be in a position to pay our racers at the conclusion of each event,” stated X-DRL President Jeff Mitchell.

With sincere disappointment for all X-DRL fans from the city of Dallas, TX and all surrounding communities, uncertainty surrounding the ownership at Dallas Raceway have failed to yield a position of confidence, so this event will be removed from the 2013 schedule with no replacement. The X-DRL will contact racers who were pre-registered to refund their fees or apply them to future events.

“Work has already begun on the 2014 schedule and we hope to include a Texas race next season,” Mitchell said.

X-DRL President Jeff Mitchell as well as some of the stars of the X-DRL will be on SHRA radio Tuesday, July 23rd to discuss “Mayhem at the Creek.” The show airs at 7:00pm EST at SHRAonline.com or you call in to listen or speak to the host at (909) 265-9152.

For more information on the X-DRL, visit www.X-DRL.com.
Old 07-18-2013, 03:57 PM
David Hance Offline

Quote:
I will ask again, did you do any research on the BLUE04 deal before commenting? You made the following statements:

PRESS RELEASE <--- Please refer to the 3rd paragraph where a statement is made by Jeff Mitchell, president and owner of the XDRL.

I have never heard of the product and have no idea if Jeff Mitchell is a distributor. And that is my point. I would not make comments that some would consider slanderous without KNOWING the story.

My comments & conclusions regarding the blue water title sponsorship were based on many factors including no one from blue water or XDRL named in press release, conversations with XDRL officials & previous press materials released that turned out to be untrue. Time will determine if this deal was legit or not and i'm happy to see names added to new press release. I hope after several months my comments are proven wrong as I only wish good results for all parties.

I commend and thank the XDRL for...

A) announcing a new payout policy in which they will pay XDRL race teams at the conclusion of events.

B) for agreeing to pay all back due prize money in a reasonable time (by aug 15th)

I hope the Title Sponsorship relationship between Blue Water & XDRL Results in a win win for both parties.

Old 07-18-2013, 09:28 PM
Brian C Offline
Administrator

Quote:
My comments & conclusions regarding the blue water title sponsorship were based on many factors including no one from blue water or XDRL named in press release, conversations with XDRL officials & previous press materials released that turned out to be untrue. Time will determine if this deal was legit or not and i'm happy to see names added to new press release. I hope after several months my comments are proven wrong as I only wish good results for all parties.

I commend and thank the XDRL for...

A) announcing a new payout policy in which they will pay XDRL race teams at the conclusion of events.

B) for agreeing to pay all back due prize money in a reasonable time (by aug 15th)

I hope the Title Sponsorship relationship between Blue Water & XDRL Results in a win win for both parties.
Before we move on..... So I am reading that the answer to my question was NO. You did NOT do the research yourself before making speculative remarks.

Again, I posted the link above to the original press release where Jeff Mitchell was clearly quoted.

You challenged anyone to show where anything you posted was false or misleading...

Now we can move on.... I hope the MIR event is successful, racers are fast and everyone gets paid!
Old 07-18-2013, 10:11 PM
David Hance Offline

Quote:
Before we move on..... So I am reading that the answer to my question was NO. You did NOT do the research yourself before making speculative remarks.

Again, I posted the link above to the original press release where Jeff Mitchell was clearly quoted.

You challenged anyone to show where anything you posted was false or misleading...

Now we can move on.... I hope the MIR event is successful, racers are fast and everyone gets paid!
I did enough research to satisfy my own requirements. But if it makes you feel better to get in both the first jab (it seems you always have something negative to say to me ) and now the last jab too...that's fine. It is quite amusing that you have spent so much time going after me but choose to "Not get involved" as you say with another situation that was a million times worse. You got me Brian, Congrats to you and give youself a pat on the back. As I said before I sincerely hope the Blue4 Water Deal results in a Win for all parties involve and if that does happen I will come back here and say I was wrong. Time will tell...

Old 07-18-2013, 10:20 PM
Brian C Offline
Administrator

Your reply satisfies my requirements as well. And you provide plenty of amusement. You asked for a challenge and I gave it to you...

Agreed, I have idea if this sponsorship deal will play out favorably or not...

Here is a suggestion, you do your thing, I will do mine.
Old 07-18-2013, 10:24 PM
David Hance Offline

Quote:
It's up to the racers.... If they are not getting paid, that will put an end to it soon enough. And please, enough with the merger nonsense...

I understand Chris Bell is gone, changes will be coming for sure.
Brian,

In case you forgot I quote the post above to remind you that you threw the first punch in this dispute...calling other peoples suggestions "Nonsense" is some what rude but i'm used to it and I expect it. I deal with all the snide remarks from you and others who chose to hide behind a screen name. Say what you want about Yellowbullet Pro Mod Forum but at least I insist on guys putting a name on anything that involves allegations. You Win again.

Old 07-18-2013, 10:32 PM
Brian C Offline
Administrator

Quote:
Brian,

In case you forgot I quote the post above to remind you that you threw the first punch in this dispute...calling other peoples suggestions "Nonsense" is some what rude but i'm used to it and I expect it. I deal with all the snide remarks from you and others who chose to hide behind a screen name. Say what you want about Yellowbullet Pro Mod Forum but at least I insist on guys putting a name on anything that involves allegations. You Win again.
I made no comment on YB forums, that is your playground, run it however you want.
Old 07-18-2013, 10:53 PM
Jon Jones Offline

I'm Amazed at how some thing's work out, like the XDRL having a news release today. That's just ...well... perfect timing for this forum topic.
Be SAFE and Go FAST !
Looking forward to a Good weekend of Racing in the Central Pro Mod Series.....minus the RAIN ...of course !
Old 07-18-2013, 10:59 PM
David Hance Offline

Quote:
I made no comment on YB forums, that is your playground, run it however you want.
I never said you made a comment on Yellowbullet.... In my play ground if a guy insults or accuses someone of something we insist on a real name being attached to the statement. The gentlemen with Turbo in screen name made accusations and has refused requests to reveal his true identity which isn't quite right but hey it's your play ground. It's all good and I'm greatful for having the privilege of posting here.