Go Back   www.ProModifieds.us > General Forums > Andy McCoy Race Cars Pro Modified Forum
Home FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Andy McCoy Race Cars Pro Modified Forum

Old 10-02-2011, 05:23 PM
Mike "The Hitman" Hill Offline

Mike Hill Racing Pro Mod event ideas for 2012

Thinking of having 2 classes at my events next season. A Nitrous Pro Mod class and a Blower & Turbo Class, Same structure as the ADRL but still maintaining the 1471 blower in the blower class. But here's how i want to do mine is race the top 8-16 Qualifiers in each class for their own purse whatever that may be then do a "Run-Off Bonus Race for more added Bonus $$$ " for the 2 finalist in each class at the end of the night to give the fans still that Nitrous v/s Blower view they all want to see. I think it would be fun and exciting and bring many more Nitrous cars out to race. If i do this i can see considering letting the clutch in also which should only boost up car count and fan base.

This woild require alot more money and expenses of the races but i think it could be pulled off and i will be working on some backing to at least give this a try a couple races if i can't do it at all of them.

Would love to hear more thoughts and opinions on this. Thanks

Mike Hill Racing
Old 10-02-2011, 05:49 PM
Tom Joseph Offline

Re: Mike Hill Racing Pro Mod event ideas for 2012

Mike great idea. You are right split em and they will come. I thought you allowed 1871 blowers now. Letting the clutches in is a huge plus and incledes more cars. If we don't quit shreding glides I'll put a clutch back in. Do it your doing a great job and this will only make your races better. IMO
Old 10-02-2011, 07:42 PM
marko Offline

i think that would work i know you would draw from the midwest. great idea.
Old 10-02-2011, 08:05 PM
Brian C Online
Administrator

My 2 cents...

Mike, if you can fund split classes, GOD bless you!

I say go for it.. As you can see by Todd's numbers, a split is gonna be needed I think. This should keep the NOS cars coming. Also agreed on letting clutches play, numbers don't lie, look at Blankenship and top ADRL runners (to a less extent in NOS for sure)...

Regarding no screws, you lose a few local racers that would be in competitive numbers (i.e. don't run ADRL times), but if just one Frankie or Todd or Joey show up, then what??

Go for it and I'll do what I can to support your efforts.
Old 10-02-2011, 08:05 PM
superdave69 Offline

As a fan I think it is a great idea and will bring in alot more cars and fans to watch.
Old 10-02-2011, 09:53 PM
brad s. Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Joseph View Post
Mike great idea. You are right split em and they will come. I thought you allowed 1871 blowers now. Letting the clutches in is a huge plus and incledes more cars. If we don't quit shreding glides I'll put a clutch back in. Do it your doing a great job and this will only make your races better. IMO
Tom, call 330-530-5000 and talk to Carl Rossler. Order 1 turboglide and quit screwing with powerglides. Brad
Old 10-02-2011, 10:29 PM
brad s. Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike "The Hitman" Hill View Post
Thinking of having 2 classes at my events next season. A Nitrous Pro Mod class and a Blower & Turbo Class, Same structure as the ADRL but still maintaining the 1471 blower in the blower class. But here's how i want to do mine is race the top 8-16 Qualifiers in each class for their own purse whatever that may be then do a "Run-Off Bonus Race for more added Bonus $$$ " for the 2 finalist in each class at the end of the night to give the fans still that Nitrous v/s Blower view they all want to see. I think it would be fun and exciting and bring many more Nitrous cars out to race. If i do this i can see considering letting the clutch in also which should only boost up car count and fan base.

This woild require alot more money and expenses of the races but i think it could be pulled off and i will be working on some backing to at least give this a try a couple races if i can't do it at all of them.

Would love to hear more thoughts and opinions on this. Thanks

Mike Hill Racing
Mike, we talked about this on the way home the other night. Splitting the class and letting clutch's in is a good idea. This will open it up and let many new cars in. There a lot of car's such as Godwin, Tindol, Dwayne White, Andy Beal, Todd Howard, Josh Chester(when he comes back out) and more that would be able to compete. If clutch's were allowed saturday, I believe Rickie Smith and Steve Vick may have been there.

Splitting the class and having a NOS/Blower run off would be a good thing also. I think keeping it to 8 car fields is the way to go. You should be able to have 2 8 car fields that are close, racing a 3.80 or 90 car against a 4.30 car is not a good show for the fans. Neither is having 12 cars and laddering as 16 cars and have 4 byes or having them race each other only to have all come back and confusing the fans. The EOPM is getting 16 to 24 cars and still having an 8 car field and the cars still come. The field was 3.91 to 4.01 at Farmington for 8 cars. Good side by side racing. I hate to say it, we did not have good "side by side " racing saturday night. Just some food for thought.
Old 10-02-2011, 11:07 PM
anslee Offline

$13,500.00 dmpe mp 1471 chuck ford $$$$ or $10,995.00 psi screw

I can not figure out how this type of racing equals the playing field?
go ahead and not allow a brad anderson also.

I understand there needs to be some common ground but I guarantee u the top runners with roots blowers well exceed the cost of a screw.
Old 10-03-2011, 06:39 AM
1badbird Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by anslee View Post
$13,500.00 dmpe mp 1471 chuck ford $$$$ or $10,995.00 psi screw

I can not figure out how this type of racing equals the playing field?
go ahead and not allow a brad anderson also.

I understand there needs to be some common ground but I guarantee u the top runners with roots blowers well exceed the cost of a screw.
I dont think cost is the underlying issue here it is e.ts. You have to keep in mind the air was awsome this weekend therefore awsome numbers were laid down. Screws can run those numbers in any air as a 1471 will not. I think splitting the classes and clutches is a great idea as long as you limit it to a roots 1471 you will have parity but the cream will always rise to the top I dont care what rules are in place. Jmo.
Old 10-03-2011, 05:01 PM
bruce mullins Offline

how about NO BILLET CASE blowers. 14.71's and 30% overdrive. I like the automatic idea. (maybe cause i just bought one)
Old 10-03-2011, 06:33 PM
joey martin Offline

[quote=Brian C;109743]My 2 cents...

Regarding no screws, you lose a few local racers that would be in competitive numbers (i.e. don't run ADRL times), but if just one Frankie or Todd or Joey show up, then what??

Easy now we are not diseases lets not forget that its just the DESIRE to go faster for us and we have did it with the very 1st hemi cfh ever dealt with and that being out of ashleys Elenore from 03 or 04 so in our case its not from spending tons of money but from improvising. i would take the $20,000 used blower motor over a $95,000 constantly feed nos motor on the worst of days
but if the lowmad does get to race in 12 we may consider letting our opponents stage with their back tires if we were allowed to show up and we could run for big money

a man is measured by what he has done not but what he says he can do
Old 10-03-2011, 08:19 PM
Brian C Online
Administrator

My comments are not cost related... Or how hard anyone works. Just the fact that an unlimited screw CAN be much quicker that a roots... If the goal (as I think Mike's is) to include roots racers and have competitive fields, that's the best route.

There will be plenty of outlaw fields... But I know for fact that some roots racers have gone to other races because they knew the Lowmad was coming.

Not saying right, wrong or indifferent... Just saying that's the way it is.
Old 10-03-2011, 09:10 PM
David Reese Offline

thats funny i havent seen the lowmad at a race this year except for adrl i would agree the unlimited screw is faster than most roots but my question is and always has been if you are limiting by overdrive with roots why not do the same with the screw guys if your desire is truly to bring more cars
Old 10-03-2011, 09:21 PM
brad s. Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce mullins View Post
how about NO BILLET CASE blowers. 14.71's and 30% overdrive. I like the automatic idea. (maybe cause i just bought one)
No billet cases??? We don't use cast pistons anymore do we????
Old 10-03-2011, 09:22 PM
Brian C Online
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Reese View Post
thats funny i havent seen the lowmad at a race this year except for adrl i would agree the unlimited screw is faster than most roots but my question is and always has been if you are limiting by overdrive with roots why not do the same with the screw guys if your desire is truly to bring more cars
Lawrenceburg, you weren't there... Joey and Bubba raced... Couple guys didn't race and a couple went to the Beach instead...
Old 10-03-2011, 09:32 PM
David Reese Offline

my apoligies you are correct there was one
Old 10-03-2011, 10:01 PM
Paul R Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian C View Post
... But I know for fact that some roots racers have gone to other races because they knew the Lowmad was coming.

what a compliment

great idea Mike, hope you make it work
Old 10-04-2011, 01:17 PM
Mike "The Hitman" Hill Offline

Thanks everyone for all the opinions and thoughts. One person never knows it all and thats what help makes it better is getting ideas from people all around with different combinations and experience. Kinda like Brain Storming.

And trust me i would personally like to keep it Automatics only like always but with the way things are these days i'm just thinking we have to open more doors to make the local events live. This economy sucks and its harder to get people to come out these days and i think every organization has witnessed this lately.

More Cars+More teams+Their Family & Friends=MORE PEOPLE IN THE STANDS.

Just my thoughts and im pretty sure we will test-run both deals next season.

Mike Hill Racing
Old 10-04-2011, 01:50 PM
kedockery Offline

Thumbs up Re: Mike Hill Racing Pro Mod event ideas for 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul R View Post
what a compliment

great idea Mike, hope you make it work
Paul, you are one Classy Dude ...just like your dad, Toney!
Old 10-04-2011, 02:04 PM
kedockery Offline

Thumbs up Re: Mike Hill Racing Pro Mod event ideas for 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike "The Hitman" Hill View Post
Thanks everyone for all the opinions and thoughts. One person never knows it all and thats what help makes it better is getting ideas from people all around with different combinations and experience. Kinda like Brain Storming.

And trust me i would personally like to keep it Automatics only like always but with the way things are these days i'm just thinking we have to open more doors to make the local events live. This economy sucks and its harder to get people to come out these days and i think every organization has witnessed this lately.

More Cars+More teams+Their Family & Friends=MORE PEOPLE IN THE STANDS.

Just my thoughts and im pretty sure we will test-run both deals next season.

Mike Hill Racing
Thanks Mike, for all your efforts in keeping Pro Mod racing alive!!! Team "Cuda Beast" with Paul Gibbs appreciates and supports you in your ideas for 2012 Racing Events!
Old 10-04-2011, 04:15 PM
kedockery Offline

In the Spirit of Mike Hill, regarding increasing Fan Base/Saving Racing.....Something for Track Owners to consider (Who can - given the shortage of funds these days): Comfort Matters! We Race Teams have trailers and pop-up tents that give us relief from the intense summer heat, but our Race Fans are stuck out in the hot sun for hours on end. Even the best of fans say at times ....I just can not take the heat anymore. We know personally many who just no longer come to the races in the summer because the heat is just too much for them. [B]What if Track Owners could intstall some sort of light weight canopy over part of the bleachers[/B] ....and promote that in their Fan Race Flyers? Heck, we were at a small local track for a bracket race, where they had somehow set up a large eazy-up tent over a section of the bleachers! Guess where all the race fans (that could) were sitting ? If you really want to add more comfort, stick a big barrel fan at one end (with a cage around it to keep kids fingers safe). Just food for thought! Long Live Drag Racing!
Old 10-04-2011, 07:01 PM
Paul R Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey martin View Post
if we could run for big money

we would call CFH, get a roots and run 60's

old lowmad went 3.90's with a cfh and 3.90's with a psi

..yo joey, if we won big money, what would we do with him?
Old 10-06-2011, 03:57 PM
joey martin Offline

[quote=joey martin;109762]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian C View Post
My 2 cents...

Easy now we are not diseases lets not forget that its just the DESIRE to go faster for us and we have did it with the very 1st hemi cfh ever dealt with and that being out of ashleys Elenore from 03 or 04 so in our case its not from spending tons of money but from improvising. i would take the $20,000 used blower motor over a $95,000 constantly feed nos motor on the worst of days
but if the lowmad does get to race in 12 we may consider letting our opponents stage with their back tires if we were allowed to show up and we could run for big money

just to clarify for who ever is calling people asking when i drove mike ashleys Elenore this pretty much says that the motor in the lowmad was the motor OUT of elenore (or how ever it is spelled) from that era and that it was bought used if i need to draw a picture email me and i will simplify more clearly

a man is measured by what he has done not but what he says he can do
Old 10-11-2011, 03:11 PM
WillHanna Offline

If Screw blowers are so feared, why not limit them with overdrive? 92 od on a C would probably be in the ballpark. Weight breaks, etc.

Just an outsider looking in. Good luck in your endeavors..
Old 10-11-2011, 05:32 PM
Joe B Offline

Not trying to hijack the tread but, Will are you going to tune for the Ilanders in Europe next season?
Old 10-11-2011, 06:55 PM
shiney Offline

Want a bunch of cars to show up? 2400 min weight, 25% roots (14-71), 85%ish screw, any nos or turbo combo. Open the gates and get out of the way.
Old 10-11-2011, 09:37 PM
JB1680 Offline

Just a thought but i would concetrate more on the quality of cars then number of cars..If you could get guys like Joey Martin ,Todd T and a few others of that caliber to show up and maybe have a second chance race for those who didn't qualify with a decent purse to me that would draw more spectators then 20 4.30 cars and maybe add a Top Sportsman class for the in between rounds to keep spectators intrested..just a thought but that would give everyone a chance to race and it would all be fast door slammers..
Old 10-16-2011, 11:30 AM
Country Offline

Mike I like your idea my only suggestion is come to Tx I know you are basing alot of this off of your deep south and east coast guys but we would love to have you out here in Tx
Old 10-17-2011, 10:02 PM
WillHanna Offline

Joe, yes I will be back with Fred Hanssen next year! Will also be back with Chris Foster's TAFC team.